MAKE ME YOUR GIRL AGAIN


I've been worming in your ambiance for far too long now
Trying to catch your attention and make an unending vow
I've been cocooning in my guilt for as long as I can remember
I just want to feel like your kin member one more time
The swings of my arms have become too short and heavy
With these burdens that wear out my teddy
I just want to drop and leave this luggage at the bay
Day after day I pray
I pray that the fire that reddens your heart may be quenched
I pray that you give me the fatherly solace that I once knew
I pray that the fiery looks might be softened by the sweet curve of your lips when you call my name

Make me your girl again daddy
I miss the sporting action of father and daughter
I want to watch football games again with you
My palms itch for your fatherly gifts
I know I'm not your lil' girl anymore
But we can turn back time and experience those lovely moments that I so long for
Let's take an evening stroll down the boulevard
And sip some milkshake at Dodoi's
Let me help you with your bow tie
And scratch your beards to entangle the painful ties

Make me your girl again
Help me gain the values of life, so I can live again
I've been drawing Cupid in the sky,
Hoping that someday I bring home a perfect son-in-law
I've sure been missing out in the fun
I don't even remember the last time we shared a long-lasting laugh
Lighten up my heart and brighten my sight another time

I'm only human you know
I don't even have a tinge of resemblance to the one who was layed in a manger
Not even close to righteous
All I need is 7×77 times
I'm sorry I haven't been the best daughter
But I ask for a shared hearty laugh again
Please do get involved in my sweet and in my sour
And let's create more light memories together
I beg that you don't say a no.
Please grant your girl another chance, and make me your blessing again, if that's OK.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts